Welcome! Located in Whittier, California, a historic Quaker Colony founded in 1887, the Conservancy is a non-profit organization committed to preserving and enhancing Whittier's unique character and quality of life.
The Whittier Conservancy is committed to the preservation and enhancement of Whittier's unique character and quality of life.
The Conservancy promotes awareness and appreciation of Whittier's historic, aesthetic, and natural resources.
The Conservancy works for the preservation and sensitive use of Whittier's significant residential structures, landmark commercial buildings, and notable landscapes, including its valuable cultivated trees, public parks, and the natural beauty of the Whittier Hills.
• Promote quality development in new construction.
• Promote adaptive reuse and LEED certified construction.
• Complete a detailed inventory of Whittier's historic and natural resources.
• Develop programs to protect designated resources.
• Stabilize residential neighborhoods through proper zoning.
• Promote the creation of historic districts.
• Promote Whittier's unique character and history as items of interest, for residents and visitors.
• Disseminate information on preservation tax credits, home renovation loans, and historic preservation grants.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
PRESIDENT - Mary Gorman-Sullens
VICE-PRESIDENT - Deirdre Murdy
TREASURER - Mel Sturr
SECRETARY - Gwen Woirhaye
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR - Helen Rahder